What`s on my bookshelf #1

by - 10:01 AM

    
            I am that kind of bookworm who first sees the film and just after that reads the book. 
I saw the film a few years ago,and I felt I must read the book,or I`ll be under weather. I ordered it from bookline, it`s in English and paperback which naturally is in evidence.
            Ok,but which is the book I am talking about...Lovely Bones by the very talented Alice Sebold. I think most of you is not familiar with the book,however it is a national bestseller and in it`s time it was a chart-topper, even in front of the Harry Potter novels.
The book is beautiful and horrific at the same time,it is very direct with the reader and with herself.  It sends stir emotions, sometimes I couldn`t read because of my tears. Even if,the reader has to face the death of the main cast right at the beginning,it still continuous the plot.
While I was reading I realised the folowing things: you don`t have to be afraid of death, enjoy every minute of your life. We can get a sneak peek not only in the other worlds,but in the lives of the mourners,the people seemed to be  important in life. 
             I won`t say anything or else you would not read it.
             This book is on my shelf.... :)



*****
           Én az a könyvmoly vagyok,aki először megnézi a filmet és csak utánna olvassa el a könyvet. Néhány évvel ezelőtt néztem meg a filmet,s úgy éreztem muszáj elolvasnom a könyvet. A booklineról rendeltem meg a könyv puha kötésű (ami már meg is látszik rajta) angol változatát,mivel a magyar nem volt meg v. csak előjegyzéses formában,én meg ki nem állhatom a várakozást.
            Na ,de melyik könyvről is van szó.... Alice Sebold( amerikai írónő) Komfortos mennyország, vagyis inkább Szeretnivaló csontocskák című könyvéről. Szerintem sokaknak nem közismert a könyv, bár annak idején a bestseller listákat vezette, megelőzve a Harry Potter-t is.
A könyv egyszerre irtózatos és szép is, iszonyatosan közvetlen nemcsak önmagával a szereplő,hanem velünk is olvasókkal. Elképzelhetetlenül erős érzelmeket ad át, sokszor már nem láttam a betűket a könnyeimtől. Habár az elején szembesül vele az olvasó,hogy meghal a főszereplő, mégis folytatódik a történet. Miközben olvastam arra jöttem rá: nem kell félni a haláltól és,hogy használjuk ki éltünk minden egyes percét. Betekintést nyerhetünk nemcsak a halálon túli világba,hanem a földi emberek életébe is,miután egy számukra fontos személy eltávozik.
           Többet nem is mesélek,mert máskülönben nem olvasná el senki.
           Ez van az én könyvespolcomon... :)

Quotes that touched me:
  • Life is a perpetual yesterday for us.
  • All you have to do is desire it,and if you desire it enough and understand why- really know- it will come.
  • Give that love to the living.
  • Souls are like snowflakes,none of them the same and yet each one,from where we stand, exactly like the one before.
  • ...she  looked down and pretended to pray like a good girl but cocked one eye up to see how she looked being good.

You May Also Like

0 megjegyzés