Blogger Lookout with Sian

by - 4:06 PM



     Let me acquaint you with  Sian, an all-around blogger in her twenties, from the UK. I contacted her on instagram and she had a very enthusiastic attitude toward my idea of featuring her on my blog. Get a sneak peek in her blogger life and follow her if you like what you read!:)

  •   This Q seems a but hackneyed(I must ask it not to stick out of the line), but how did your blog-writing-story begin?
I started up my blog after graduating from university and not really knowing which direction to take my writing in. I have a degree in English and Creative Writing and my long-term goals involve trying (!) to get a few of my short stories published. However, when I moved down to Cornwall, I fell in love with blogging and now I love writing about what I’m getting up to in this gorgeous part of the World! I still want to publish that book, but blogging is such a lovely and creatively stimulating way to keep my writing going in the meantime.
  •          What was your most memorable experience connected with your blog?
I would have to say my most memorable experience so far with my blog was when the popcorn company ‘Propercorn’ got in touch with me and asked if I would like to get involved in their new campaign. I was going through a bit of a rough patch at the time and found myself losing motivation to do pretty much anything... but then this little email popped into my inbox and I suddenly found myself crying tears of joy at the prospect of such a lovely collaboration! It was wonderful to hear that someone had enjoyed reading my blog and I was so made up that they would want to work with little old me! It was a proud moment for sure and one that I won’t forget for a while :)
  •         You share with your readers a load of great recipes. Which is your favorite one?
Oooh good question! I think my favourite recipe would have to be my Spiced Orange Hot Chocolate. Last winter, I went through such an obsessive orange phase and literally everything in my life at that time had to be orange scented... orange shower wash, chocolate orange birthday cake, citrus orange candles- you name it, I had it in a zesty orange scent! So, obviously, I had to whip up a yummy recipe to subdue my strange obsession and that hot chocolate mixture was The Bomb. I dare you to give it a go, you will not regret it!
  •          You just have posted your first video with your new camera on the blog.Do you think you will continue making orderly videos?
I would absolutely love to start making more regular videos for my blog (vlogging was actually one of my New Years resolutions!) BUT the nature of my real-life grown-up job at the moment means that setting aside time for filming and editing content is really tough going. Hopefully, however, things are set to change by the end of the year and that should free up some time for me to start cracking on the old vlogging game! I absolutely love getting creative with my new camera, so watch out- there might be a few more vids coming soon :)
  • ·        Do you mind sharing with us a little hint about your upcoming blogpost?
Ah, secrets secrets! I’m so very excited about my next blogpost... so much so that I’m not sure whether to make it into a two or a three part-er! Let’s just say, it’s going to be very summery, very joyous... and probably filled with just about enough pics to make your tummy rumble ;)
  • ·        Which social media platform do you like the most and why? Just in the view of the fact that you post '"Intagram lately", I guess is instagram, but I might not be right.:)
You’re absolutely right- it’s Instagram, hands down. I’ve tried getting to grips with Twitter but I just can’t force myself to be vocal on there all the time! Shy in real life, shy on twitter I guess! But Instagram is really where it’s at for me... I can be as creative as I like with my photography and I’ve found it’s such a fab way of discovering new people around you! I’m also a huge fan of Snapchat but that’s mainly for personal use/constant puppy pics at the moment. I am thinking of linking it with my blog however, so keep a lookout for a stream of dog selfies...you have been warned! 
  •          And my last question which I simply cannot omit, though it might sound awkward. Do you name your chickens, because I noticed "Beatrix" in the video?
Oh, I love this question! Yes, all of our chickens have been christened by Yours Truly and, because they are Bantam breeds, their name’s all begin with ‘B’! So we have: Beatrix/Bea (after one of my fave authors, Beatrix Potter) Betty (but sometimes we call her Bet Bet) and Bellatrix (she’s the feisty one, so she definitely lives up to her Potter namesake!)

You May Also Like

0 megjegyzés